Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Take a stand, scrip, just for my memo

Animals should only be used for research related to life-threatening diseases.
 
Yes, animal testing is cruel and inhumane. Some of testing methods now exist that can replace the need for animals. Drugs that pass animal tests are not necessarily safe, and animal tests do not reliably predict results in human beings. Animal tests may mislead researchers into ignoring potential cures and treatments.
Animals can suffer like humans do.
Above all, animals also have their own lives.
 
So, the opinion that animals should be used for research is a speciesism. Yes, I confess that I am a speciesist.
 
Let's think about a case.
 
I once raised a dog. I will not hesitate to ask for the dog I love when my beloved dog and an unknown person are in danger at the same time. But when a dog I do not know and the person I do not know are in danger at the same time, I will not hesitate to save the person I do not know.
 
When a human being and an animal are simultaneously threatened by life, I choose to save the human's life because I am also a human being.
 
However, I think that the animal testing not related to the human's life directly, should be banned. Which animal testing is related to the human's life is depend on social consensus and experts' deliberation.
 
For this, I can propose the establishment of an animal testing committee for animals and humans' life.
 
The respect as the same life is always needed for both animals and human-beings. However, there is a limit of human's cognitive abilities, and there is even a view that the earth is also considered as a life. Therefore, it is necessary to identify the principle of respect for life with the best efforts and consideration. I think it is natural to put my species first in the viewpoint of the human species. Nevertheless, if there are persons who treat on the same footing with or prioritize other life and other species beyond their own lives, I will respect them, but I will not have the same position.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment